November is World Pancreatic Cancer Awareness month.
On November 16th, organizations around the world will observe World Pancreatic Cancer Day.
Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Run a marathon for donations.
PANCAN (Pancreatic Cancer Action Network) has a handy tool to find opportunities near you.
- Make a donation and ask your loved ones to make a donation.
There are plenty of organizations who work tirelessly to devote themselves to a better tomorrow.
The Lustgarten Foundation, PANCAN, The National Pancreatic Cancer Foundation (NPCF), and Project Purple are just a few of these amazing organizations. Remember, there are many ways to give.
- Start a tribute page for a loved one.
- Reach out to your local volunteer affiliate within the Pancreatic Community.
- Post on social media to raise awareness.
Share your story, use a filter, and post on your feed to get the message out.
- Sport the color purple – in your hair, on your car, in your wardrobe – any way to raise awareness.
Different organizations around the world have started implementing themes to get people involved. For the Australian Pancreatic Cancer Foundation (PanKind), this year’s theme is ‘Hello Pancreas’– a campaign designed to encourage individuals to be more in touch with the important role the pancreas plays in the body’s everyday function.
- Educate your community with the facts, symptoms, and risk factors of pancreatic cancer.
The Hirshberg Foundation provided an excellent resource list here that can help you take steps to prevent this disease and inform family and friends who may be at risk.
For our part, ChiRhoClin continues to support research and funding, as well as continuing to spread awareness on using ChiRhoStim for the Secretin Stimulation Test, which, according to the National Cancer Institute, “may be used to help diagnose problems that affect the pancreas, such as pancreatitis, cystic fibrosis, and a type of pancreatic tumor called a gastrinoma.”
On this World Pancreatic Cancer Day, let’s all work together to make a difference.